We increased security and built great systems in 2018.
It has been a very big year for Intuitive IT.
On the Managed Services side, we’ve had more cases logged than ever and more staff on the helpdesk than ever.
- Solved 4,615 tickets in 2018! That's 1,439 more tickets than we solved in 2017.
- Created an internal dashboard for our helpdesk staff to view key stats. It's cast on our TV screens in the office
- Implemented the monthly data breach alert for our Proactive and Fully Managed IT Support clients
- Created data integrity checks between SalesForce and our cPanel servers
- Created the ability to automatically reopen cases in Zendesk after a specified time period to make sure our team is more responsive
- Started user training around phishing attacks
- Create a dummy Microsoft Office 365 login page to help make our clients more vigilant.
- Sat on the Dropbox Business Panel event
- Implemented stronger security practices around password management
On the Dev side, the number of projects we've worked on increased on last year and we've built many internal tools like scripts and dashboards to provide better reporting on your systems and security. Here are some of the highlights:
- Commissioned an internal Git server repository which currently stores 151 projects. Many more to come...
- Created a SharePoint Online permissions checking application to give you granular information on what documents are shared with individuals
- Created React.js front end for our DNN modules
- Created a website content gathering (scraper) for a client to retrieve and catalogue the resources stored on their website portal. We used Selenium
- Built an AI system to merge and deduplicate over half a million customer records from 4 different data sources
- Strengthen our Project Management processes to help us learn more lessons from past projects.
We've also moved on clients that don't follow best practice IT to give us more time to focus on those that do.
In the new year, we will continue our focus on increasing security, security training and testing to make sure your staff are more able to identify scam and phishing attempts. We'll also be focusing more on automation as we try and remove the mundane tasks and put them into technology where they belong.
So I just want to say a quick thank you for your support this year, even if sometimes it does get a bit hectic!
Secondly, the Intuitive IT holiday schedule will be as follows:
The period between Monday 24th of December and Friday the 4th of January, we’ll be running reduced business hours of 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM, excluding public holidays.
We are closed on the following public holidays:
- Christmas Day (25th Dec)
- Boxing Day (26th Dec)
- New Year's Day (1st Jan)
On these days calls will go to voicemail and urgent requests actioned as per standard after hours service. Check our Google My Business Page for full details.
Finally, as is our yearly tradition, it’s time again for our two annual IT business surveys. If you’ve not seen this before, it only takes a few minutes to fill out and really helps us make more useful recommendations for your business’ IT needs in the coming year. For those of you who are not aware, we send out our business survey to the management teams of our clients. The key idea is to understand the business' goals for the coming year. We then try to align the IT department to those goals. It's very simple but incredibly effective to get the most out of your IT department.
Have a great Christmas and say safe (both online and offline) during the holidays.