Welcome to the Intuitive IT blog. View Intuitive IT's blog posts on listed in the category 'Office Move'
A business without its computers and phones up and running is losing money, so the project needs to be well managed to reduce the amount of downtime.
- Ensure you tell your suppliers at the earliest possible time the move is occurring. Get the account managers to scope out the new premises and ensure your services can be transferred to the new location.
- Make sure your disaster recovery plan is up to date. You don’t want to be caught by surprise if something goes wrong.
- Make sure you have warranties for your hardware and make sure it covers the time of your move. A business day warranty won’t help you if you need help on the weekend.
- Ensure you know where devices will be placed in the new premises. Printers, faxes, computers, etc. should all be drawn out on the office floor plan. Coordinate your efforts with the Office Manager.
- Use removalists that have a specialised team for moving hardware. Ensure you are aware of their practices when handling your precious cargo. ...
This eBook will highlight some key areas your business and IT need to tackle to get the most out of your technology