Are you looking to further grow your IT career? Here's your chance to join a business that will reward you with career opportunities as your knowledge and expertise grow. Based on Brunswick Street in Fitzroy, working with a great team and a variety of clients, this is a genuine opportunity to develop your career. So, if you have 2 years of experience implementing IT projects, then read on (HINT particularly take note of the fine print).
We are a customer-focused IT firm looking for a self-starter, who loves people and technology in equal measure. You are someone who is a quick learner with fantastic written and verbal communication skills and can work hard to project deadlines. You will gain invaluable experience across a range of projects and tasks as well as contribute your skills to the team. You'll be implementing technologies systems such as Office 365, Dropbox for Business, Google GSuite and upgrading systems and software in Windows Server environments.
You will need to be someone who enjoys seeing projects through to the end, have excellent attention to detail and gets satisfaction from delivering results. But even more crucial is your natural initiative and curiosity that will help you recommend and implement solutions to sometimes complex problems. You must be a self-starter and show buckets of integrity and care for our clients.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Help develop project proposals and plans
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans
- Interpret and implement the clients' requirements to build the solution design documentation
- Help develop project schedules and keep task progress up-to-date
- Ensure the project is fit for purpose from a technical perspective
- Identify problems and ensure solutions are implemented
- Work on and complete IT projects in a timely manner within budget
This is a 6-month contract with a view to perm. At least two years of experience is essential as is a strong work ethic and enthusiasm! Immediate start!
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills are essential
- Experience or qualifications in IT, with two years of experience in a similar role
- Experience working with Microsoft desktop operating systems in an Active Directory environment
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills with proven troubleshooting abilities
- Experience in Server replacement/upgrade or migration projects
- Experience in Office 365 migrations
- A proven ability to prioritisation priorities
- Present a professional appearance and attitude while providing our clients with outstanding customer service
- A good understanding of Network administration and setup and the Azure stack
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange
- Experience rolling-out VoIP, Audio Visual and Video Conferencing technologies
- Exposure to Virtualisation technologies specifically Hyper-V and ESXi
How To Apply (IMPORTANT - not just the standard process! Take note - or your application will NOT be considered)
Your attention to detail and your genuine desire to assist customers by solving their IT issues is key to success in this role. So if you’ve read this part of our job ad, we know that you are at least reading the fine print! And to show that you have actually read this detail, and in order for your application to be considered, we ask that you include in your cover letter responses to the following questions:
In a world where all jobs paid the same and you need to work to support yourself, describe your ideal job.
What are you passionate about? What do you love to do in your spare time ?
If you are interested, apply today by accessing the job application form on Seek.